Welcome to LTC Tree, the number one site for Long Term Care Insurance comparisons. We provide Long Term Care Insurance costs, quotes, rates, reviews, ratings, company comparisons, and other information that will help with your LTCI purchasing decision.
- Morningstar: Hybrid Policies Can Have Significant Drawbacks
- Will Your Health Hold You Back from Long Term Care Insurance?
Long Term Care Insurance
Long Term Care Insurance is more than just ordinary retirement planning. It removes the worry of having to earmark your nest egg for the uncertainty of needing care, so you can enjoy doing the things that make you happy.
- Harvard Magazine says that women are living an average of 81.2 years and men are living an average of 76.1 years. Advancements in medicine increase the chance that a person will need long term health care. More LTC statistics.
- New England Journal of Medicine reports that about 51% of people 65 years and older will eventually need these services.
- The Wall Street Journal states that a staggering 55% of seniors 85 and older have Alzheimer’s or some other form of dementia, the number one reason for needing assistance. WSJ also reports that even children are buying policies for their parents to protect their inheritance.
Longevity Increases Need.
Modern health technology is helping the average United States citizen live a longer life. This extended longevity is increasing the likelihood a person will need Long Term Care services at some point during their life. In addition to Alzheimer’s and dementia, there are other degenerative diseases such as obesity, diabetes, stroke, heart problems, cancer, Parkinson’s disease as well as accidents and injuries resulting in things like bone fractures which may also create the need for services. Long Term Care Insurance can help pay for the cost of caring for those conditions so you will have peace of mind knowing you are protected if it were to happen to you.
What Does Long Term Care Insurance Pay For?
Your Long Term Care Insurance benefits can be used to pay for Home Health Care, Assisted Living Facilities, Adult Day Care and Nursing Homes. In fact, 72% of all LTC claims are paid for Home Health Care. This service is where an aide comes into your home to help with with your Activities of Daily Living and also provide help with cooking and cleaning. Long Term Care Insurance will help ensure you will be able to stay in your own home to receive care.
The problem: The high cost of needing Long Term Care could drain your life savings.
- Nursing Home - $86,525
- Assisted Living Facility - $46,880
- Home Care - $42,215
The solution: Plan ahead with Long Term Care Insurance.
The high cost of receiving Long Term Care can erode your nest egg that you have worked so hard to save. The average stay in a nursing home is now 3.3 years. That length of time adds up to an average cost of $285,532 per person or $571,065 for a married couple. That high expense is figured at today’s costs and inflation will likely triple that cost in the next 30 years. The plan will have inflation protection so your benefits do not lose purchasing power over time.
What if you could protect yourself from the greatest financial risk you will face in your retirement? Having coverage can save your nest egg. Imagine how relaxed you’ll feel knowing that you planned ahead and now you and your family are protected.
LTC Tree’s assistance was invaluable in helping us decide which policy was best for us, while saving us money and providing peace of mind. -Kelly W. –>More Testimonials