All of the major “Blue Chip” companies offer Long Term Care Insurance discounts ranging from a 5% multi-policy discount, to up to a 40% discount for married couples, partners and even for people living in the same household.
Long Term Care Insurance Discounts Available
- Spousal Long Term Care Insurance discounts – married couples qualifty for 20 to 40% marital or partner discount.
- Same-Sex, Gay, and lesbian partner Long Term Care Insurance discounts – in most states, committed couples can also qualify for partner discounts.
- Sibling Discount: Brothers and sisters living together may qualify for a household discount.
- Preferred health Long Term Care Insurance discounts.
- Multi-policy Long Term Care Insurance discounts. If you already have say a life insurance policy with a company, they may give you 5% off if you buy their LTC policy too.
The typical Long Term Care Insurance couple and partner discounts range anywhere from 30 to 40 percent, depending on the specific insurance company. The potential premium savings on your Long Term Care Insurance policy may be significant, so be sure to ask your agent about these discounts. Long Term Care Insurance discounts are available because statistics show that someone with a partner or spouse is less likely to make a claim.
Good Health Long Term Care Insurance Discounts
Preferred, or Good Health Discounts, are extended to Long Term Care Insurance policy holders who have better health than most. These preferred health discounts can be significant and range from 10 to 20 percent off the entire Long Term Care Insurance premium. Different Long Term Care Insurance companies have different preferred health criteria, so be sure to check with several companies to maximize your chances of getting the preferred health discount.
At LTC Tree we can help guide you through the maze of Long Term Care Insurance discounts that are out there, so that you can truly maximize the premium discounts available for you. Simply fill out the form below to get started today.
Sponsored Group Plan Long Term Care Insurance Discounts
Several of the Long Term Care Insurance companies offer up to 5% discounts for members of certain associations. If you are interested in learning about what discounts may apply to you, we recommend checking with a broker such as LTC Tree, as each insurance company has different affiliations, and we are able to check with all of them at once on your behalf.
Same-Sex, Gay, and Lesbian Partner Long Term Care Insurance Discounts
Every major Long Term Care Insurance company offers the “Married or Couple” discounts to gay and lesbian couples who live together. In most cases it’s the same as a full marriage discount, though there are exceptions with a few carriers.