There are many ways that you can sharpen your memory through daily exercises, sleeping well, or learning new things. Researchers have found that keeping a well balanced diet like the Mediterranean diet can help boost and sharpen your memory as well.
For seniors taking care of your memory and cognitive health is very important. You want to always make sure that your ability to learn, think, and recall things is sharp and quick. Researchers have found that for men who are intaking leafy greens, red vegetables, berries, dark oranges, and orange juice could help lower their risk of a cognitive decline in their older age.
Researchers have narrowed down the 5 best foods that could help lower your risk of cognitive decline and keep your memory sharp and boosted. Here are the 5 foods below:
- Broccoli: Broccoli has vitamin K and choline which help strengthen and improve the memory and help detoxify the body
- Kale: Kale is considered a superfood. It contains plenty of vitamin A and K which are what help neurological functions.
- Avocados: Avocados help improve memory by their folate content inside them. They have plenty of healthy fats that help inflammation and blood sugar. They also have vitamin K.
- Oranges: Loaded with vitamin C oranges also contain flavonoids that help improve the memory and brain. They have positive effects on the heart and help keep healthy brain cells.
- Blueberries: Many berries have “cancer-fighting” antioxidants that will help protect the brain from oxidative stress. They are also a great source of vitamin K