According to the National Association of Health Data, the following is a list of the top 10 reasons people need Long Term Care:
Top Reasons People Need Long Term Care
- Fractured bones, commonly resulting from a fall
- Recovering from an illness, injury, or surgery
- Rehabilitation following a hospital stay
- Alzheimer’s disease and dementia
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Heart Disease
- Head injury, again commonly caused by falls
- Obesity and other chronic or terminal medical conditions
Though there are countless other conditions and reasons people Long Term Care, these are the most common reasons people need care. The obesity epidemic in America that we have seen explode over the past twenty years has led to a huge increase in claims associated with being obese. This condition is one of the fastest-growing reasons people need long-term care.
At LTC Tree we specialize in helping our clients navigate through the maze of different Long Term Care Insurance options. We will be happy to compare several companies for you. Simply fill out the form below to get started today.